Savour and Stay Nourished with Herbed Garlic Mushrooms Toast – Recipe Yummilicious!
Herbed Mushrooms Garlic Toast is a delicious yet super nutritious and super light snack! Ideal for small gatherings, BBQ’s, or even to pack into your lunchbox; it is a perfect starter. Bringing out the goodness of mushrooms along with rich aroma of herbs and garlic; it will keep you wanting for more. For the calorie conscious ones, it is super light for the belly but extremely satiating to the taste buds. Chef Priya’s recipe for this delicious Toast is here. Read below to know about the nutritional facts about the ingredients used in the recipe.
Health, Taste, and Texture with Mushrooms!
Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium (8%), riboflavin, niacin and vitamin D.
Mushrooms are the only vegetable (or fruit) which has Vitamin D in it. They support our immune system and provide us with essential B Vitamins such as Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, and Niacin. B Vitamins are vital for turning food (carbohydrates) into fuel (glucose), which the body burns to produce energy. They also help the body metabolize fats and protein.
Garlic is heart healthy!
Garlic is used for many conditions related to the heart and blood system. These conditions include high blood pressure, low blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart attack, reduced blood flow due to narrowed arteries, and hardening of the arteries. Consuming garlic on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the antioxidant properties. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
Ingredients for Herbed Mushrooms and Garlic Toast
Serves: 3-5 people
- 250 grams mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tbsp. thyme
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Red Pepper flakes
- 2-3 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
- 2-4 Brown Bread
- Sun dried tomato butter as required
- Boiled beets, peeled and grated, use as required
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
Time of preparation: 20-25 minutes
- Wash and clean the mushrooms well. Keep aside till water drains out, then cut them into smaller pieces along the height.
- Fine chop onions and garlic and keep aside.
- Take a pan and melt butter in it. Fry minced garlic and onions.
- Saute till onions turn translucent. Then add the mushroom and thyme.
- Mix and sauté till the mushrooms dry up completely. Add salt
- Add cumin powder, red pepper flakes and chopped parsley.
- Take it off the flame.
- Now lightly toast the bread and smother it with this freshly made sun-dried tomato butter.
- Add a serving of herbed mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle it with grated beets on top and serve.